Ingredients (serves 1):
- 60 ml gin
- 22 ml raspberry rhubarb syrup (recipe below)
- 30 ml Vita Coco pure coconut water
- 30 ml rose water
- 30 ml aquafaba
- A few ice cubes (optional)
For the Syrup:
- 100g frozen raspberries
- 100g rhubarb, tinned
- 75g sugar
- 60ml Vita Coco pure coconut water
- To make the syrup, add the frozen raspberries, rhubarb and coconut water into a small pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the raspberries and rhubarb have broken down, remove from the heat and strain through a fine sieve into a clean pan. Add in the sugar, and return to the heat.
- Bring to the boil, whilst stirring frequently, then reduce to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, then pour into a glass jar and allow to cool.
- For a thicker syrup, simmer for longer but this consistency works perfectly for this cocktail.
- To make the coconut sour, add all of the ingredients into a blender and blitz a couple of times until the cocktail is pale, frothy and has increased in volume. Alternatively, add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker, shake really well until frothy.
- Pour into a glass and serve.